Thursday 30 April 2020

ORGANIZE KITCHEN CABINETS + DRAWERS WITH IKEA


Living an organized life at home could be a daunting task for many of us.  But it doesn't have to be.  Let me show you how I organized my own kitchen and how I can help resolve this in yours.

STEP ONE - Purge Your Kitchen!  
When I moved into The Lakefront Cottage I took an inventory of all my kitchenware, utensils, pots + pans, cutlery, food containers etc.  I sifted through the stuff that I was holding onto that didn't work, want or was in rough shape into three boxes: 

1.good will
2.recycle
3.garbage

STEP TWO - Measure Your Cabinets + Drawers
This part will be a lifesaver because it will save you so much time in the purchasing process of acquiring the correct sizes.  Believe Me . . . It Works Everytime !!  
Remember to measure the width, depth and height.

STEP THREE - Reuse + New
When I unpacked my interior organizers from the move, half of them worked in our new kitchen.  I didn't get hung up on all the interior organizers matching.  Because Hey, they'll be hidden inside the cabinets and drawers.  But, I did keep the colour consistent with white.
In the end I used a mixture of reused organizers with new.


I first looked to IKEA for their great selection and price point on organizing my kitchen.  
Here are my favorites to help you get started.


 - TIP -
When you have leftover space like I did at the front of the drawer take advantage of storing small objects like my collection of tiny bowls.  Take it one step further ... use leftover drawer liner underneath so they stay in place when opening or closing the drawer.

Don't limit yourself to kitchen organizers.  I reused office pencil trays next to my cutlery tray to maximize the empty space with tea spoons and bamboo butter spreaders.



- TIP - 
Collect all your new and old organizers and play 'puzzle' trying out every configuration to maximize your drawer space.  You'll be surprised how nicely things will fit together.



If you guys have ANY questions or tips please leave them in the comments...Thanks!

Don't forget to tag me on Instagram to show us how you organized the inside of your kitchen cabinets + drawers and I'll repost it!

Photography by Jennifer Kucherka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.