Friday 30 April 2021

Lets Buy and Renovate: Salt Spring Island

My other passion besides design is real estate.  I've been following real estate in my hometown as well as abroad for over a decade and thought it be fun to find a property available on the market and how I could put my creative stamp on it.


Today I'm taking you to Salt Spring Island, which is right across a water passage from where I am on Pender Island, in the tranquil Southern Gulf Islands of British Columbia.  This property has amazing wood paneled walls and vaulted ceilings!  It even has an ocean view on .78 acres!  Come, let's take a look.  

This home has great bones. How beautiful are these wood paneled walls?!  I really like the dark painted wall in the living room too.  

Here's how I'd refresh the living room space. . .




SHOP THE LOOK

sofa  |  lounge chair  |  coffee table  |  curved stump  |  jute rug  |  woven rug  |  wall art  |  vase  |  olive tree




This dining space looks very chic already especially with that vaulted ceiling.  I could image a big pendant hanging here!  To maximize the space I'd add a larger dining table and a closed storage sideboard...just so clutter could be hidden away.



SHOP THE LOOK




Okay...Are you still with me?  I could already see myself living here!  Could you?  This room has loads of potential and that arched niche is hollering for a custom built-in to maximize its space!  I would paint all the wood paneled walls and ceilings throughout the house white, maybe keep the beams in their original state and replace all the wall to wall carpet with oak hardwood.


See the full listing here.  And if you buy it, please let me know!
 

I offer e-Advice with digital design concepts as well as Ask A Designer video consultations here.

Collages and story by Jennifer Kucherka
Photography by Macdonald Realty Salt Spring Island
Photo of arched built-in by Room For Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.