Sunday 28 March 2021

DIY | CUSTOMIZING AN IKEA WINDOW SHADE WITH BLACK OUT LINING


In my last post, I customized an IKEA RINGBLOMMA window blind for my home studio.  Today I am sharing how I customized the same window blind with black out lining in my master bedroom.  My master bedroom needed a little more light blockage from the moonlight and the summer sun.  So, I thought of a way to install a removable black out fabric to my existing window blinds.

I purchased an extra IKEA RINGBLOMMA blind so I could use the magnetic strips that are included (for easy opening and closing of the blind) for the black out fabric.  I used three of the magnetic strips (because I have three blinds) from this blind and was left with an extra window blind.  I didn't want to waste this blind, so I customized this blind too for my laundry room using the same instructions from my last post




In the above photo I sewed a pocket at the top of the black out fabric so the magnetic strip could be slipped into place.  I then attached the lining at the back of the window blind.





I attached the lining at the back of the blind so it could be opened during the day.  I used a thin white black out fabric so the magnet would hold both the blind fabric and black out lining together.





Thanks for reading, Jennifer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.