Monday 18 April 2016

IKEA PICTURE LEDGE | DISPLAYING ARTWORK

I've been home just shy of a week from traveling Tuscany.  Without hesitation, I had to celebrate this wonderus place with finding a spot in my home for a piece of artwork I acquired.  While wondering around narrow cobblestone streets of a beautifully quaint town of Pienza, Italy.  I came across an artist, Isabelle Bise and her shop, Artemisia Art Gallery.  As I walked in, to my delight, I found her painting Italian Cypress trees aligning a driveway on canvas.  Call it fate, But, it was the very same drive I drove the day before.

If your home doesn't allow for much wall space to display artwork like mine; Using the smallest of spaces can help and be just as dramatic.  In my own home, I chose to maximize what little space and width I had and installed floating picture ledges all the way up to the ceiling.  Using IKEA's RIBBA picture ledges allowed for flexible display space to showcase collected art from travels around the globe, as well as my own framed photography. Seasonal change is so easy now, as it doesn't require using any tools.








Italian Cypress Tree | Artist: Isabelle Bise
Birch Tree Forest | Artist: Unknown



Photography by Jennifer Kucherka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.